Summer is finally here! Along with the nicer weather and everyone’s migration towards the outdoors, summer brings a new Salesforce release. You may have noticed the new ice cream truck logo that signifies a new release is upon us.
Without having to log through Salesforce’s pages upon pages of release notes, I wanted to share some important Salesforce1 mobile app enhancements from the new release.
Now that it’s summer, who really has time to sit at a desktop anyway?
Convert a Lead
Prior to the Summer ’15 release, users could not convert a Lead using the Salesforce1 app. How annoying was that? Users had to wait until they could access the full Salesforce site to convert a Lead, and it meant that Salesforce data could be out of date.
We can now convert a Lead to a Contact, Account and Opportunity using Salesforce1.
Follow the 3-step process below to enable users the ability to do this:
1. From the setup tab, go to Leads | Settings. Click the checkbox for Enable Conversions on the Salesforce1 App:
2. Go to Leads | Page Layouts, and edit your page layouts. Click on the Salesforce1 Actions tab on the left-hand side of the layout:
3. Drag the Convert Action to the Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar section. Make sure to save the page layout.
In Salesforce1, when users are viewing a Lead record, they will need to press the icon to convert the Lead into a Contact, Account and Opportunity.
When the Lead is converted, the User will be directed to the new Contact record, as shown in the mock screenshot example below:
It’s as easy as that!
In today’s world, business is constantly conducted on the road. Salespeople are running from meeting to meeting, without much time to create or update records in Salesforce. Wouldn’t it be nice if salespeople could quickly jot down some notes after a meeting in Salesforce1 as a placeholder before creating or updating records fully?
With the Summer ’15 release, that option is available with the new Notes feature.
To set up the Notes feature, follow the 3-step process below:
1. From Setup, go to Notes | Settings. Click the Enable Notes checkbox.
2. From Setup, go to Global Actions | Publisher Actions. Edit the layout. Click on the Salesforce1 Actions tab. Drag the Note Action to the Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar section.
(Be careful not to confuse the Note Action with the New Note Action)
3. To add the Action to a specific object layout, go to the object page layout and add the Note action to the Salesforce1 Action Bar section, like you did in step 2.
Creating Notes in Salesforce1
Here are some actions users will be able to take with Notes:
If a User wants to add a Note in Salesforce1, they will need to press the icon.
1. Relate the note to an existing record by pressing on Relate Records and selecting a record to relate.
2. Add bulleted or numeric notes to the Note.
3. Create a task from a bullet or number by swiping right on it. This will create a task with the bullet as the subject, and will show as an Open Activity under the related record.
Associate Price Book to Opportunity
Prior to the Summer ’15 release, users could not associate a price book to an opportunity using the Salesforce1 app. This proved to be quite an annoyance for anyone using Products; as users had to wait until they could access the full Salesforce site to choose a price book.
With the Summer ’15 release, users can associate a price book to an opportunity using Salesforce1.
Here is all you need to do:
1. From Setup, go to Opportunity | Page Layout. Edit your page layouts. Add the Price Book field to the page layout.
2. Create a Quick Action on the Opportunity object by going to Opportunity | Buttons, Links and Actions from Setup, clicking New Action, then selecting Update a Record as the Action Type.
3. Add the new action to the Salesforce1 action bar on your opportunity page layout by going to Opportunity | Page Layouts from Setup, then drag your new Action to the Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar section.
After completing this process, users will be able to associate a price book to an opportunity. In Salesforce1, when viewing an Opportunity, users can associate a price book to an opportunity by pressing the Price Book action. Then, users will simply need to press the Price Book field and select the price book.
In case you want to allow users to be able to add product to an opportunity, repeat steps 2 and 3 from above, but make the Action Type Create a Record instead of Update a Record. This allows users to create an opportunity, associate a price book and add product all in one smooth motion!
Hopefully these three enhancements for Salesforce1 will enable your users to use the mobile app more effectively and efficiently as it helps you to step away from desktop and share some of the summer sun!
If you have any further questions about the Summer ’15 release, please contact us.Release! In the meantime, if you have any further questions about the Summer '15 release, please contact us.